Back to the stuff you care about...
- Just heard that Bengals are going to give a tryout to Pacman Jones and Matt Jones. Amazing how some things never change.
- Summer and I are in the process of buying a car and it's definitely an interesting adventure. I suppose it's similar to being recruited (see above). Dealers call all day and try to tell you how they have exactly what you want and if you would just agree to come in/visit, they would give us a deal we couldn't pass up. You go from having these people appear to be your "best friends" to not ever speaking to them again within the span of 24 hours.
- There are a few things that perplex me. One of these is a chatty dental hygienist. I mean, what are you supposed to do when she's ripping your mouth apart with 15 different tools. What is the expectation? If I have an opinion am I allowed to express it? What if she starts opining about politics or how the steroid era baseball players should still be eligible for the hall of fame. Does she really expect me not to respond (and subsequently spit all over the place)?
- To all my northern readers getting absolutely pounded with snow, you will appreciate this. Atlanta is supposed to get snow tomorrow (1-3 inches) and the news anchor was talking about someone trying to get out of town this weekend when she remarked, "Wow - I hope you will still be able to get out of town this weekend." Really, Brenda Woods?
- I have a theory that if you use the elliptical or one of those stair steppers at the gym and your head is violently moving back and forth to your music or you look like you are about to fall off the damn thing (you know, the ones with the moving handles), then you should work out at home. Don't embarrass me. Not in my gym.
- John Mayer is one of the biggest tools in entertainment. He's a good musician, a very good guitarist and in my mind he does anything he can do to be looked at as "an artist." His latest gaffe in Playboy is no shock. He wants to be viewed as a misunderstood, tortured, genius who only cares about the music (man). One outta four ain't bad.
- Now this man = this is a true celebrity. Long live DRAGO. Go to about 1:20 and try not to wet yourself www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtatY7bOUY&feature=player_embedded##